Random Notes from a Tired Brain
So on Wednesday I made my first solo outing in five weeks. In order to mix it up a little, I went to Target, Wegmans, and a scrapbook store called Memories. For Christmas Oliver gave me a gift certificate for a mini shopping spree there, so I figured it would be a good chance to browse around without wondering when the little one would wake up demanding to be fed. And believe me, when this girl is hungry the entire world hears about it.
Anyway, it turns out it was a good thing I stopped by Memories because they are going out of business; in fact, tomorrow is their last day. Several months ago they merged with a competing company and apparently they announced just a few weeks ago that all Memories stores would be closing. Bummer. But fortunate for me in a way, because everything in the store was 50% off. So I ended up with twice as many goodies as I would have otherwise - behold:

Score one for Kristin.
On a completely unrelated note (see, I told you these were random), I came across the following list of completely unneccesary and sometimes highly bizzare baby products. Numbers 5, 3, 2, and 1 are my favorites.
And it just wouldn't be a post from Kristin without some sort of Clara update. She seems to be growing like a weed - yesterday she weighed in at 10 pounds 6 ounces and is 22.75 inches long - and generally seems happy with her existence here. Except when she's hungry. Like I said. She still mainly eats and sleeps her days away, although she's giving us more smiles and coos during her brief awake times. Over the past few days she's developed a dislike for her crib and only wants to sleep in someone's arms during the day...in fact, as I write this I have her strapped into our Baby Bjorn in an attempt to actually have two hands free. Any suggestions on how we get her back into the crib?
As photographic evidence, I leave you with the following...a little girl supremely happy to be sleeping in her Daddy's arms:

Labels: Clara

3 Comments: (Post a Comment)
Great score on the scrapbook stuff! :) It's great to get out of the house for some solo time.
Maybe let her fall asleep in your arms and then put her in her crib as soon as she is asleep, or just rock her and then put her down. Josh was a tough one because he was so snuggly, but with Clara we started off right away putting her in her sleep sack and then putting her down and saying good night. She's not a snuggle bug like Josh though - even now!
As for #3 in the "bizzare baby products"...it would not have saved me as a kid. When I was learning to walk, I was cursing along a coffee table. There was a book balanced on the edge. I tried to use the book as part of the table. It didn't work. I feel and hit the top of my nose, right between the eyes, on the corner of the table. Off to the emergency room I went. I got a couple of stitches and a scar for the rest of my life.
The funny thing was that I didn't notice the scar until I was ten or so.
That helmet would not have prevented my accident. Oh well.
Nice shopping score Kristin.
The bizarre baby products are priceless. Have Oliver started saving up for any of them yet?
Post a Comment
<< Home