Sunday, January 21, 2007

Almost an Obsession

I broke.

I couldn't handle the pressure.

There they sat on my counter. Seven boxes. One each of the seven Betty Crocker's Warm Delights.

Taunting me.
Calling me.

And I couldn't resist. They're about to become my obsession.

So I made the Fudgy Chocolate Chip Cookie. Considerably shorter cooking time than the Molten Caramel Cake. Only microwave for forty-five seconds, as opposed to one minute and fifteen seconds. I love chocolate chip cookies and I needed some.

As part of the Seven Days of Chocolate, Sara made chocolate chip cookie bars. I LOVE chocolate chip cookie bars. I could eat nothing but chocolate chip cookie bars. And I would be fat, happy, and dead in a few weeks, but there would be a smile on my face. I've
been jonesing for some since the last cookie bar was eaten a few weeks ago. That's where the Warm Delights sitting on my kitchen counter comes in. The team of Kristin, Oliver, and Sally made short work of the finished product, as is evidenced by the photo. Truth be told, Sally only one bite. Kristin had a reasonable number of bites, and I devoured the rest. The cookie was very tasty. The fudge sauce could be refined.

Afterwards I wanted more. So I started discussing the need for chocolate-chip cookies. My mother (that's Sally) is in town to help out and offered to bake some. We used these new swirl chips that Jared posted about. Ours were caramel and chocolate swirl. They turned out delightful. I have eaten way too many.

I can start back on the diet after they're gone.
Right?

Labels: ,

1 Comments:   (Post a Comment)

At 7:05 PM, Blogger foculbrown said...

As my grandfather always says, "It won't show up on you waist...today."

 

Post a Comment

<< Home