Blogging From Donut World
Last night we stopped by Jeff's house for a visit. It was 10p eastern time, so Clara had her cranky pants firmly on both legs. We managed to keep her fairly calm and even got a few fun pictures of her with Grandpa Jeff and with Aunt Delaney.
At one point I took Clara into the office to try to get her to calm down and go to sleep. I eventually won, she closed her eyes, and I came back into the family room to be with everyone. Ashley turned to me and said, "It's cool to see you being a dad." I smiled and replied, "It's tiring to be a dad."
Looking back four months, back before Clara was born, I didn't have much to do as the Dad. Kristin was doing all the work, providing Clara the nutrients she needed to grow. Comparing the four-month-back Oliver to today's Oliver, I'm pretty amazed at all that I've proven I can do, how readily I can react to Clara's needs. Sure, I'm still nervous and don't know what to do 50% of the time, but I'm figuring it out and helping Clara the best I know how.
So I guess Ashley is right. It is pretty cool.
Labels: Portland 2007



1 Comments: (Post a Comment)
What exactly is Donut World? I am confused...
Post a Comment
<< Home