A Capital Day
Today I am five months old. To celebrate, my Mommy and Daddy took me into the city to play with my friend Michael on the National Mall. His Mommy and Daddy had a class in DC today, so we decided it would be fun to watch Michael for them. We started off by walking to Eastern Market, where Mommy and Daddy shared a crepe, but they wouldn't let me or Michael have any. I really wanted some too. Then I rode the Metro for the first time from Eastern Market to the Mall; it was lots of fun watching the fast trains go by. It was a beautiful day, so we walked over the the Washington Monument. Michael fell asleep on the way over, but I stayed awake because I didn't want to miss anything. (Mommy keeps telling me that I need to sleep more and that everything will still be here when I wake up, but I don't believe her. I need to stay awake all the time so I can make sure I don't miss out on any fun.) Anyway, it was very windy up by the monument and I really liked that. I kept turning into the wind and laughing because it felt so strange.
Michael was still asleep, but Daddy thought we still needed a picture of him next to the monument too.
Then we walked over the the World War II memorial. I decided I was hungry, so while Mommy fed me Daddy and Michael played on the grass. Michael was laying on one of my blankets and somehow managed to wrap himself up in it. Maybe he can teach me how to do that.By then Michael's Mommy and Daddy were done with their class, so we met them at the Museum of Natural History. We had lunch together and then went to see some neat nature photographs. I especially liked the ones with the bright colors and the silly penguins. Then Daddy said that it's a tradition to take a picture in front of some elephant, but I think he had us stand in front of the wrong end.
I had so much fun that I made Mommy and Daddy promise to take me back soon. Maybe next time I can go walk by that white house that looks like the one on the West Wing (Mommy watches that show all the time).
Labels: Clara

4 Comments: (Post a Comment)
nice picture, tell that elephant he needs to clean out the junk in his trunk.
No, dear Clara, that is the end that your father so famously takes everyone's picture from. Even me, Grandma Christensen. I really enjoyed your post and have missed hearing from you. Your mommy is so very right---every thing WILL still be there after you wake up.
Love, Grandma C
I love the pictures in front of the monument! The stroller looks so small. I too love hearing about life from Clara's perspective. Happy 5m old Clara and Happy Birthday Kristin! Love Jen
Clara is taking after her mother. Kristin didn't want to miss out on anything either. What was a nap?!
Love, Mom/Debbie Lou/Oma
Post a Comment
<< Home