Tuesday, May 08, 2007

100 Calorie Blog: Opening Remarks

A few months ago, a couple of friends suggested that I start a blog about 100 Calorie products. Being on The Plan, I'm always looking for new snacks. 100 Calorie products provide a key element to successful weight-loss centered snacking: portion control. Add to that a penchant for trying new products - Warm Delights anyone? - and you get a guy willing to try almost any product that says 100 calories on the package. One hundred calories translate to two points, sometimes dipping to one and others jumping to three, the ideal size for a mid-afternoon snack.

I contemplated starting a blog called 100 Calorie Blog, but decided to fold the concept into this blog as it would take too much effort to build brand awareness around a new blog. People are accustomed to coming here, so here the new content will be. My goal is to write about three products this week, and one product a week thereafter until I run out of ideas. If you know any products I should review, please let me know about them in the comments section. I'm willing to buy almost any 100 calorie product once.

So there you have it. The 100 Calorie Blog on kristinandoliver.blogspot.com. Let the fun begin.

Labels: