I have page rank!
On March 29th my buddy Bruce sent me an e-mail to tell me that I had page rank. "I have page rank? How?" I replied.
For those not in the know, page rank is Google's way of deciding how important a page is. When indexing the internet, the more important a page is, or the higher its page rank, the more relevant it is thought to be in search results. A whole industry has sprung up, search engine optimization, with tips and tricks that you can do to raise your page rank. (Read more at Google.com)
So
the fact that a little old blog such as mine has page rank is pretty amazing! When Bruce e-mailed me I had a page rank of two, as is evidenced by the image Bruce sent me, seen at right. Two out of ten isn't bad. Blogger.com, where this blog is hosted and which is owned by Google, has a page rank of eight. At the time Bruce checked the other blogs he visited and it didn't appear that any other blogs had page rank.So imagine my surprise when I went to check our page rank today and discovered that our page rank has jumped up to four! Four is thought to be a good page rank, nothing about which articles in tech magazines are written, but respectable, something to be happy about. Note I didn't say proud of; I didn't really do anything to get it. It's most probably due to the link I get from Evil HR Lady's blog, which has a page rank of five.
To celebrate I've added a little widget to the right side bar that gives my page rank. Click on it if you'd like to get one for your site.

1 Comments: (Post a Comment)
That is really cool! Yay for your rad blog!
Post a Comment
<< Home