Saturday, May 05, 2007

My First Birthday Party

Today I went to my first birthday party; Lauren & McKenzie turned one! Someday I'll be able to do all the cool stuff they can do, like walk and say 'mama' and 'bebe' and 'dada'. A lot of my friends were there. Bran, Nuala, and I played on the floor, while Lauren and McKenzie stood looking at us. Colter was everywhere, sharing his toys with us and showing us how to play with the new toys the twins got as presents. At one point Lauren tried to sit on me. I held my own though. Never you fear.

Lauren and McKenzie got to eat cake, but I didn't. I really wanted to, but Mommy said no. Daddy probably would have let me, but then Mommy would have been mad at Daddy, and Daddy is always fearful of a woman scorned. That's why he always does what I tell him to do.

Lauren and McKenzie's mom, Mika, had the coolest activity for the party. We made lollipops. Well, actually, the big people and Colter made lollipops. Mika bought four different types of hard candy and had people arrange a few pieces, whole or crushed, on a cookie sheet covered in tin foil. Once the candy was arranged, they put it in a 350ยบ oven for six minutes. Once the candy has melted together, take it out of the oven and put a stick in it. Check out ones Mommy and Daddy's handiwork.One thing that Daddy experimented with, that worked very well, was lining a cupcake tin with tin foil and making the lollipop in that. It stopped the candy from spreading as it melted, which had resulted in some pretty big lollipops. Maybe Daddy will let me try a lollipop. Better do it when Mommy isn't looking, though. She's particular about that sort of thing.

Labels: