Saturday, April 28, 2007

A Fine Weekend: Day 1, PM Edition

Tonight we had dinner at Pedro & Diana's house. They are new in our congregation and were gracious enough to invite us for an evening of food and games. When they queried about allergies or food aversions, I replied with the following:
No allergies.
As a rule, when others cook we don't have aversions.
Suggestions? I love spinach, prefer ground beef over steak, pork and chicken equal, garbanzo over pinto beans, and who ever went wrong with anything that was nicely spiced. I have a thing for cumin. Not so much a spicy food fan. And will kill for a good curry.
Or, more succinctly said, we're game for pretty much anything.
They responded by making one of the best curries I have ever tasted. There were so many flavors, yet no one flavor overpowered the dish. By concentrating the palate, one could taste each individual flavor, then by relaxing focus, enjoy a combined taste that was completely balanced. I really enjoyed it. For dessert they served fresh berries with cream. Right now is a good time for berries; they were sweet and wonderful.

After dinner they introduced us to a new game: Killer Bunnies. A card game with the object to collect as many carrots as possible, Killer Bunnies combines warped humor, five bunnies (Gleeful, Congenial, Lumbering, Timid, and Sinister, in order above) with weapons such as the Ebola virus and a kitchen whisk, and more expansion packs than Settlers of Catan. It is a truly amazing game. We had a great time playing it, actually loving it so much that Kristin went out and bought it for our family. It is a BRILLIANT game. Let me know if any of you have played it before in the comments, okay?

P.S. Oh, and I got a nap on Saturday afternoon. It was great!

Labels: ,

1 Comments:   (Post a Comment)

At 8:28 PM, Blogger fiona said...

Oh my gosh, Zac's family LOVES Killer Bunnies! We always have to play it any time a big group of us are together...expansion packs and all...did I mention Z&I kinda hate the game ;) okay. It's prob more of a love/hate thing...but, we absolutely love curry, no doubt about that!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home