Sunday, May 06, 2007

Sunday After the Midday Hour

After the hustle and bustle of yesterday, we were all ready for a quiet Sunday afternoon. After fasting this morning we were both hungry, so we came home from church and made a meal of leftovers. After eating, Kristin and Clara fell asleep on the couch and I got a few really cute shots.
After nap time, we played with Clara, letting her kick for a while, holding her and making faces for a while, and experimenting with glasses. Clara has really expressed interest in everything that goes into our mouths the past couple of weeks. It's to the point where she recognizes soda cans and will stare at them for long periods of time. While Kristin was in the kitchen, I decided to try to get her to drink out of my glass. The results were mixed but funny. In the following picture I swear that I am only holding her head in place so that she doesn't bonk into the glass and hurt her gums. After she was done with her attempt, I asked Kristin to bring me a fresh glass of water. I wasn't in the mood for a water/baby-drool mixed drink.

As I gave Clara a goodnight hug, before putting her to bed, I whispered in her ear, "It's been so great playing with you yesterday and today. Know that I'll miss you during the day tomorrow. I promise we'll have more fun play days like this again."

Labels:

1 Comments:   (Post a Comment)

At 11:02 PM, Blogger Sally said...

Sweet. As in tender and touching. Also, I love Clara's post. It sounds as though she is quickly and easily adapting to the partying ways of her father. Mom

 

Post a Comment

<< Home