Tuesday, June 19, 2007

Code Red Day

As we stepped off the bus this morning, the two people in front of me and I each momentarily paused as our glasses fogged up much the same way your glasses do when you enter a bathroom after someone has just taken a long shower. The cold air of the bus chilled my lenses and the hot Code-Red-Air-Quality-Day air shocked the humidity in the air into momentarily condensing on them.

Welcome to a Code Red day in Washington. The heat index is going to be triple digits, as a result the buses are free, and I am going on a sales call today, therefor I am wearing a suit. Luckily the buses are well air conditioned. Maybe the muggy air will steam the wrinkles out of my dress shirt.

1 Comments:   (Post a Comment)

At 10:38 AM, Blogger Sara said...

Thank you for reminding me why today's forcast of "nearly 100" isn't nearly as bad here. :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home