Thursday, September 20, 2007

Nine Months

Well, I've now spent more time as a mama than a I did as a pregnant lady. Clara was nine months yesterday, and it's hard to believe that time could possibly pass so quickly. Wasn't it just yesterday that we brought our little immobile munchkin home from the hospital?

Clara had her nine-month well-baby visit today, and I have to say I was completely shocked by her measurements. Based on her past growth trends I was expecting her to have grown about 2 inches in length and gained about 2 pounds. But not so. She's 30.25 inches long (off the charts) and 22.5 pounds (95%). That's a gain of 3.25 inches and 4.5 pounds in three months. No wonder my arm feels like it's going to fall off when I have to carry her for more than a few minutes. I guess solid foods agree with her.

She's growing ever-increasingly mobile every day. She has perfected the pull-to-stand and is cruising around the furniture. Yesterday she let go and actually stayed upright for a few seconds before collapsing to the floor. She has mastered stair-climbing (tonight she made it all the way up a flight of stairs twice), but coming back down is still something of a problem. Eventually she'll learn that you can't just fling yourself head-first down the stairs and not get hurt. And just two days ago she abandoned the commando-crawl for good; she's been practicing a true crawl for a couple of weeks and finally decided it's her preferred means of locomotion:



Clara loves interactive games now (peek-a-boo is a favorite) and likes to play chase and wrestle with us. She still likes to play independently, but every so often she'll drop whatever she's doing, crawl over, pull herself up, and pat my face or rest her head on my leg. Then it's back to business. She has started clapping whenever she's proud of herself...like when she intentionally drops pieces of food onto the floor or unplugs the television for the sixteenth time in four hours. It's hysterical to watch her look at me with this mischievous glint in her eyes and then start clapping. Just so you get an idea of what I'm talking about:


It's been a fun ride thus far, and I'm looking forward to what the next three months will bring. Stay tuned!


A few stats from Oliver:

Labels: ,

6 Comments:   (Post a Comment)

At 3:47 PM, Blogger Mom/Debbie Lou said...

I've been anxious for a Clara update. Thanks so much! Love you all very much. Mom/Debbie Lou/Oma

 
At 3:06 PM, Blogger bbond said...

as i watched the clip of clara crawling i was listening to "peter", a track from the finding neverland soundtrack by jan a. p. kaczmarek. and it was perfect. just like a real movie and the magic of a child doing something neat.

 
At 4:49 PM, Blogger Amadeus said...

Oh Oliver, what a cutie! The crawling days are the best.

 
At 9:12 PM, Blogger Sara and Todd said...

It is great to see Clara in action. Oh, life is never to be the same again... but I guess you guys already knew that. :-) Thanks for the stats. Our neighbors baby grew similarly to Clara and it is fun to get a mental picture of how big she is! She is beautiful!

 
At 10:59 PM, Blogger Jen said...

SOOOO beautiful. I wish we could see that cute little Clara. It is amazing how quickly time goes by. Thanks for the pictures. Tara loves seeing her little cousin.

 
At 6:47 AM, Blogger Alicia said...

Is that a pivot table I see?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home