Gratitude
This morning, while feeding Clara a bottle, Kristin asked me, "So did you bring you church clothes up from the car?" I looked at her. Church clothes. Car. Church clothes last seen on couch. Church clothes never made it in the car. Church clothes.location = Virginia. Oliver.location = Philly.
Sadly, this isn't the first time my church clothes haven't made the trip from the house to the car. When we went up to Boston for Joshua's baby blessing I put my body bag (my term for a garment bag) on the downstairs table so that the items therein wouldn't wrinkle. Well, everything remained wrinkle free as I forgot to load the bag into the car. Luckily Jared and I are the same size. I was able to borrow one of his suits.
So, I realized I was without a shirt and pants (of course I had church shoes, black socks, and my belt). Matthew and I are no where near the same size, and I wasn't in the mood to spend money on clothes. I was contemplating skipping church, but wanted to be a good example for the niece and nephews. It was then that I remembered Josh.
We met Josh & Julie the last time we were in Philly. He is my height and build; she, Kristin's. They have a son, JJ, who is close to Clara in age. Honor dug up his phone number - he is their hometeacher - and I re-introduced myself, asked how the family was doing, then asked if I could borrow a dress shirt and slacks. Josh came through with a shirt, slacks, and jacket that fit perfectly. If that doesn't count for a hometeaching visit for the quarter, I don't know what does.
So, today I'm grateful for people willing to lend clothing to someone they don't really know that well. Thanks, Josh.

1 Comments: (Post a Comment)
Oh and score a point for the plan as well. This kind of clothes borrowing was certainly more difficult pre-plan.
Post a Comment
<< Home