Saturday, October 27, 2007

Adventures at Wegmans

Ingredients:
1 Father
1 Daughter
1 Shopping List
1 Wegmans

Directions:
Mix.


We needed some ingredients for the dish we are taking to Bonnie & David's annual Halloween party tonight. So we followed the aforementioned recipe, leaving Mommy home to bond with her Sims.

The store was mobbed, as it is every Saturday. We collected a cart, I put the germ guard in, and we started on our way. We picked up samples, looked around, didn't see the train, and started to get fussy in the cake mix aisle. As the fuss was kicking off I received a phone call from David. "We see your car in the parking lot." We have the uncanny habit of being at the same place at the same time. (Exhibit B: dinner at same restaurant at same time last night.)

The Beans continued to fuss, so I found a sample of an apple and let her go to town. (When recounting our adventures to Kristin she asked why I didn't dig into the snacks in the diaper bag. Oops.) Bonnie helped me get the right type of cocoa powder and David told me that the Robek's across the street was having a grand opening with free smoothies. Michael and Clara made eyes at each other.

At Robek's I asked if Clara could get a free smoothie. The woman behind the counter said, "Well, she is a person, so I don't see why not!" Upgrading from free small to large was only $1, so Clara and I brought two large smoothies home to go with lunch. Clara's smoothie had dairy in it, so she was nice and shared it with Mommy.

I'd definitely like to do that recipe again.

Labels:

2 Comments:   (Post a Comment)

At 4:19 PM, Blogger zachariah said...

Wegmans is wonderful... Nuala and I have gone shopping together a couple of times, it's a lot of fun. She doesn't keep socks on so we usually don't bother and when I go out alone every passing old lady tells me she is going to catch a cold, they probably think I'm just a dumb dad. I have gotten really good at explaining in spanish that she takes the socks right off and stuffs them in her mouth, so I save the step by not putting them on.

 
At 8:01 AM, Blogger Sara said...

I MISS WEGMANS.

I wonder how much it would take to get Utah to change their alcohol laws so Wegmans would consider The Frontier?

I had to shop at Smiths last week (we had a gift card)....YUCK!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home