My Coke Rewards
There are things we do in life for very serious reasons. There are things we do in life for very silly reasons. There are things we do in life for love. There are things we do in life for the thrill of accomplishment. There are things in life we do to make someone we care about happy. There are things we do in life to make our enemies sad.
Then there are the things we do because you get the idea in your head that you have to have more My Coke Rewards points than your buddy Aaron, and it gives you an excuse to go around the office tearing the reward codes off the cases of soda that the company provides for employee enjoyment, which you stash in a drawer in your desk until it is close to overflowing, then you have to remember to enter the codes over the course of a few days because they only let you enter ten codes a day, and the codes are a really random string of numbers of letters which try your skills as a touch typist, until one day you realize that you have 3,401 points, and you wonder if that is a lot.
What is your total, Aaron?Labels: obsession

3 Comments: (Post a Comment)
2376
You will forever have the lead now my friend.
Now what are you going to do with all those points?
Well, I got up to 100 or so, got a free 12 pack of Coke and then gave up. I just don't go through the amount of Coke that our esteemed friends do. I also realized that I really didn't want to give my marketing data to Coca-Cola. So...I have a couple of codes for you.
Oliver--
I understand the obsession... I am the proud owner of 17 Free rentals from Blockbuster and I could get 12 more if I just hit print... all because of My Coke Rewards.
I am obsessed to the point that my high school students bring me points and once I stopped stranger about to throw away a bottle with its Rewards-points-cap. I stopped her and asked for the lid.
Then I knew I had to stop.
I am so ashamed but grateful to know there could be others out there......
Post a Comment
<< Home