Saturday, May 10, 2008

New Music

I needed the Borders logo for this post, so I surfed my way over to borders.com. On their main page I saw that Alanis Morissette has a new album coming out June 10th. I'm a fan, so I decided to see what info they had on the project. From the product description:
The first studio album from Alanis Morissette since 2004, Flavors Of Entanglement fuses the organic and the techno prompted by producer Guy Sigsworth (Madonna, Björk). Incorporating beats, loops and synthesizers, the album was designed, says Morissette, so listeners can dance your face off. Balancing introspective confession and delirious joy, the global and the personal, Flavors Of Entanglement is a tasty new musical feast from one of pop's most intriguing artists.
Three guesses as to why I ran into the bedroom, interrupting Kristin reading a book and said, "You won't believe what's happening on June 10th!!!!"

If you guessed Guy Sigsworth, then you're right!

The writer of the description above should be shot for not mentioning that Guy Sigsworth is half of one of my favorite bands, Frou Frou. But that's not all. Guy Sigsworth worked with Seal on "Crazy," three of Björk's early albums, Imogen Heap's first solo effort before they became Frou Frou, and with Lamb. The guy is the man.

So I know what I'm going to do with some of my iTunes money on June 10th. Get me a little Alanis + Guy goodness. It best not disappoint.

Educate thyselves

Labels:

4 Comments:   (Post a Comment)

At 8:07 AM, Blogger Heidi Totten said...

Didn't I go to Alanis with you and Kristin many years ago in the middle of a thunderstorm?

 
At 10:55 AM, Blogger bbond said...

amen to the quality of frou frou

 
At 2:53 PM, Blogger Oliver said...

Tori Amos and Alanis Morissette. That concert was awesome

 
At 6:46 PM, Blogger Jennifer said...

It certainly does sound like an album I will like. Of course, I have been an Alanis fan for years and through some of my other fandoms I have been introduced to artists like Imogen Heap.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home