Monday, May 05, 2008

Changes

For some time now Kristin and I have felt that it's time to move on. We've had a great run here in the D.C.-metro area, and the Post has been a great place to work for the past eight and a half years. New and different adventures await and we're both pretty excited for them. And after four and a half years going to school part-time at GW I'm ready for a full-time graduate-study experience.

And though it pains me to say this ... we're going to Utah.

Pause for everyone who knows me to scream, "Oliver in Utah? Apocalypse now?"

I'm absolutely thrilled that I have been accepted and will be attending the Marriott School of Business in the fall, pursuing an MBA in Marketing. I've long desired to take some time to formally study that which I have been doing on-the-job for the past four years. And even though it's in Utah ... shudder ... the program and people I know there should make this an enjoyable experience.

So, those of you in D.C., we need to hang out before we leave. And those of you in Utah, get ready to party. Kristin, Clara, and I are coming. Utah will never be the same again.

Labels:

23 Comments:   (Post a Comment)

At 7:02 PM, Blogger Jared said...

We are very excited for you! Now all we need to hear about it you and Kristin having a little BYU, Utah-born baby!

Wouldn't that be quaint?

 
At 7:33 PM, Blogger Heidi Totten said...

WAHOOOOOOOO! :)

 
At 8:38 PM, Blogger LauraJ said...

WOW - congrats! Watch out Happy Valley!

I loved Jared and Mary's baby comment :)

 
At 8:41 PM, Blogger Robert Jaynes said...

Wow. Shocker! Congratulations-- just what Provo needs; a good injection of O-Power! That's great news, good luck pursuing the MBA, you'll be great.

 
At 8:42 PM, Blogger Mary said...

That is so exciting! I could bond with you in the Tanner if I weren't going on a mission in the fall!

 
At 9:00 PM, Blogger Jane said...

What!?! You are leaving me? sad. But very exciting for the three of you!!! Congrats!!!!

 
At 9:17 PM, Blogger erinannie said...

Soon all of the cool kids from NoVa will be here, and we can take over Utard County, and bring in new and interesting restaurants, and not just chain restaurants. And we can all play Settlers together! And have parties where we all sit around and talk about how cool home was.
Just make sure you get out of here (utah) before Clara starts to think this is home.

 
At 9:57 PM, Blogger Becky J. said...

What? What?!! I am so not happy with you right now. How come the moment Joseph graduates and we leave Provo, you and Kristin decide to come to Utah! Don't you know that Provo and school are more fun with me around?! Didn't you learn anything from DT days? (And by the way, don't freak out when you no longer see our beloved Deseret Towers standing--they're gone! Boo hoo!) You were just waiting for us to leave, weren't you? Well, it is a great program and you'll be with the LaPierre's and I'm sure tear it up back at school, but I hope you know that I'm going to cry myself to sleep tonight. :(

Way to go, though, that's awesome news.

 
At 7:08 AM, Blogger foculbrown said...

:((

 
At 7:16 AM, Blogger mydesign4840 said...

I am both happy and sad. Congrats!

though the move was overshadowed by your vacuuming neurosis.... :)

 
At 9:09 AM, Blogger bbond said...

YAY! so much easier to stop by in provo than drive/fly halfway across the country! i am sooo excited!

 
At 9:18 AM, Blogger Amadeus said...

Congratulations! That is a big decision. We will definitely have to come by and say hi before you leave.

 
At 9:19 AM, Blogger Sara said...

Can I tell you how excited I am? Seriously. I'm shaking all over.

Even if you will be all the way down in Happy Valley.

 
At 9:24 AM, Blogger Twinkies said...

Very sad that you are leaving us. Exciting that Oliver got into a great program at a great school. Congratulations!!!

We guess we can survive without you nearby as long as you promise to return to Virginia immediately after Oliver finishes his MBA.

 
At 1:57 PM, Blogger Sally said...

Provo will never be the same. And it needs what you have to offer. Congratulations, Oliver! Who would have thought. Love you, Mom

 
At 3:41 PM, Blogger beezbond said...

tres exciting
very unexpected
but tres cool
what a great collection of folks will be out there

 
At 9:15 PM, Blogger Marci said...

YES YES YES! The pull of the mecca is hard to deny, ehhhhh? Plus, everyone else is doing it. :)

We're SO EXCITED to have you guys out here too. Let's continue this trend.

 
At 8:54 AM, Blogger fiona said...

Congratulations!! What a great program to get into, good luck with everything!

 
At 11:07 AM, Blogger Rain in My Head said...

Congratulations!!! That's awesome! Rise and Shout :). Let's all get together before you leave. :)

 
At 12:32 PM, Blogger Lisa Michelle said...

We are so glad to see this on your blog!!! We'll now do away with the Code of Silence apparatus that descends every time we talk about you and BYU together in the same sentence. ;) Have you guys found a place to live yet? We can't wait to party it up - and Bryce is looking forward to having you around in the Tanner Building. Woohoo!

 
At 7:40 PM, Blogger Utah King Family said...

Like oh my heck! Can't believe you're coming out this way. You've prayed about it right? Just kidding. It'll be great to get together.

 
At 9:21 AM, Blogger foculbrown said...

There is a split here between those you are leaving and those that you are joining.

Good thing about Utah: every Mormon eventually finds his or her way there, at least for a visit.

Bad thing about Utah: it's Utah.

 
At 9:24 PM, Blogger Alyssa said...

How very exciting for you all-- I hope you are doing well :-)

I'm leaving D.C. too.... it's been fun but it is time to move on, right?

Say hi to Cafe Rio for me AND Los Hermaaaaaaaaaanos!!
Yum.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home