So ... Much ... Estrogen
Thought I'd jump back into the blogging world and give you an update on my dear wife, daughter, and mother-in-law. And maybe an update on myself.
Wife
She's alive and well. The procedure to remove the blockage went very well. They found pieces of a gall stone. The anesthetic was milder than what they used on Monday, and she came out from it very quickly. They sent her back up to her room, where she rested until she was discharged Tuesday evening. Sleeping in her bed Tuesday was much better than sleeping in the hospital bed on Monday. Wednesday was a clear-food diet until 4pm, when we went in search of soft foods for dinner. Boston Market creamed spinach, macaroni and cheese, and mashed potatoes say what?
Daughter
Clara is ecstatic to have her mommy home, wishes mommy could pick her up, and a little bit cranky because she's not back to her routine. The past few days she has woken up at 5am. I have brought her into bed with us to cuddle and sleep. Because Daddy isn't as good a Mommy, she refused to sleep, so I ended up taking her into her room where I rocked with her to get her to sleep. This was good sleep for Clara and bad sleep for Daddy.
She loves having Grandma around, and goes to her without prompting. I've posted a cute story from the first day of Debbie's visit (read here). A few times over the past few days, when I've had to head back to the hospital or run to the store, Clara would run to Debbie and throw her arms up requesting that she pick her up. When Mommy got home from the hospital, Clara kept trying to climb up in her lap and give her hugs. She's so glad to have her Mommy home.
Mother-In-Law
What can I say other than "Debbie is the best." When Kristin was admitted to the hospital after her surgery Monday, Debbie extended her trip until Friday morning. It's been a lifesaver having her here. She's done the dishes, cooked meals, done laundry, taken care of Clara, taken care of Kristin and me, and never complained once. We couldn't have made it through these past few days without her.
Monday night I took Clara and Debbie to visit Kristin in the hospital. Debbie and I were talking on the drive over. I mentioned that the visit was as much for Clara as it was for Kristin. Clara needed to know her Mommy was still there, and Kristin needed to see her daughter. Debbie smiled at me and said, "And there's another mother who needs to see her daughter."
We've been very fortunate to have that mother taking care of her daughter, her daughter's husband, and her daughter's daughter.
Labels: family

2 Comments: (Post a Comment)
Thanks for the update, Oliver. My heart is with Debbie. Love to all, Mom
What a great help moms can be. Sounds like your mom was amazing. Glad she could be there. I bet she loved being with Clara as much as Clara loved having her around.
Post a Comment
<< Home