Monday, May 05, 2008

Exhausted

Last week I stayed home to take care of Clara and Kristin. I called it "playing Dr. Mr. Mom." I picked up Clara. I played with Clara. I fed Clara. I bathed Clara. I fed Clara. I chased after Clara. And I took care of Kristin. And I had my mother-in-law to help me. And today I returned to work because I couldn't take it anymore: I was too exhausted.

I proudly wear the badge of wuss, said with a long sss after the style of my co-worker Liddy. Seven days of being the primary care provider and I am beat. At church yesterday a friend asked me how I was doing. I explained that I'd been doing the childcare thing for a week. "That explains why you look so exhausted." It's even to the point where I have circles under my eyes. I NEVER have circles under my eyes. Photographic proof:Sunday morning I woke up with a sore throat. It was still there today and is joined by swollen glands and a stuffy-feeling nose. Did I stay home? Absoultely not.

I got more rest at the office.

Labels:

3 Comments:   (Post a Comment)

At 7:00 PM, Blogger Jared said...

Well Oliver.
You are a wuss, but Clara loves you and so does Kristin.
So, you better provide for them instead.

 
At 2:38 PM, Blogger Sally said...

Dad and I are relearning why you have your children in your 20s and 30s, as possible. Though things have gone very well these past five days, and Dad has enjoyed three days of learning what it is all about in raising children (hmmm. Seems he missed a few of the original lessons.), we are as excited as Amy and Jacob to see their parents arrive home tonight, even if it is midnight. Love, MOm

 
At 7:43 AM, Blogger dave said...

Your pic reminds me of a similar one i took after my eye exam. . .

 

Post a Comment

<< Home