Friday, May 09, 2008

Ken Lee

Part of my job creating Web products for washingtonpost.com is to test the products before they launch on the site. My co-workers and I spend many an hour in our testing lab - ten computers set up on long tables that fill the room. Testing sessions last three hours and if it's the fourth or fifth day in a row of testing, we tend to get a little loopy. You won't believe some of the things that have come up in the testing lab.

During one testing session someone (was it you, Meredith?) called everyone to their computer to show a video they'd run across online. To give some background, this is a video of a contestant from Bulgaria's Music Idol, part of the Pop Idol/American Idol franchise. Though she didn't make it through to the actual competition, she was brought back for a special performance. I think you'll understand why she's special when you hear her redition of Mariah Carey's "Ken Lee."

Check out the original audition.

Valentina Hassan, I ken lee diba douchoo.

Labels:

5 Comments:   (Post a Comment)

At 10:08 PM, Blogger Oliver said...

Also worth watching is this video of the Music Idol winner singing a folk song from Northern Bulgaria. It's haunting.

 
At 8:47 AM, Blogger Heidi Totten said...

First of all, there is a BULGARIA version of American Idol. Bulgaria. Ok. Second of all - I love YouTube for reasons such as this. I'm inspired. :)

 
At 9:34 AM, Blogger Shelly said...

Slightly disappointed how much her english improved from her original audition. Go to my blog, go to Tom & Becca and look at the one on their blog. It's funnier.

 
At 1:37 PM, Blogger Sweet Cherie said...

I know someone named Ken Lee. Needless to say, I forwarded this to him. :-)

 
At 9:37 AM, Blogger Oliver said...

Shelly - check the link right under the video. It points to the original audition. I agree; it's hilarious!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home