Your Ideal Strip Mall
While at dinner tonight, Kristin, David, Bonnie, and I got into a discussion of our favorite types of foods. This led to a discussion of restaurants you couldn't live without. As we were compiling our lists I asked the group, "What stores and restaurants would you have in your ideal strip mall?"Everyone quickly started composing their lists and it dawned on me, "This would be the ideal question to post on the blog." So, I pose the question to you, my loyal blog-readers. What are the stores and restaurants in your can't-live-without, all-you-need-to-survive strip mall? Post as a comment to this post and I'll compile a list of the most common and most original stores. Only one rule: max five (5) stores and five (5) restaurants. And you might want to compose your list before heading over to the comment page so you're not unduly influenced by other's lists.
For me, the ideal strip mall would have:
- Wegmans
- Charcoal Kabab
- Five Guys
- Sweetwater Tavern
- Maggianos
- Nordstrom Rack
- Borders
- Best Buy
- Rita's Ice
- Apple Store

5 Comments: (Post a Comment)
1. DSW Shoe Warehouse
2. Nordstrom
3. Best Buy
4. Penzey's Spices
5. Williams-Sonoma
6. Parrish Cafe (Boston)
7. Gelatiamo (Seattle)
8. Corky's BBQ (Memphis)
9. L'Artisan du Chocolat (London)
10. A Bolivian chola selling saltenas out of a rickety old cart.
Restaurants:
1. Sweetwater
2. Maggiano's
3. Carlos O'Brien's (Phoenix)
4. Rio Grande
5. Chipotle
Stores:
1. Pottery Barn
2. Target
3. Borders
4. Christopher and Banks
5. Wegmans (though I have never been there, some people have convinced me that I would love it)
Good Question!
Target
Wendys
Arbys
Tall Girl Shop
Old Navy
Olive Garden
Subway
Steve Madden Shoes
Ann Taylor
Costco (is this allowed in a strip mall??)
Bonnie:
Cafe Rio
Pei Wei
Carrabbas
Outback
Panera Bread
Wegmans
Target
Costco
Ann Taylor Loft
Rack Room Shoes
IMHO, all good strip or mini malls must have a few of the following-
shoe store, dress store, convenience store (because they are never as convenient as the name implies), ice cream shop, a really unique store, an outdoor cafe, candy or chocolate shop, men's shop, toy store, and a few other things.
So my list would be-
1. Shoe store- I prefer unique boutiques, so I don't have a chain name to put on it.
2. Dress shop- preferably an Anthropologie.
3. CVS, although a Rite Aid would work.
4. Haagen Dazs ice cream and chocolate shop
5. Williams and Sonoma or something of that ilk.
6. Outdoor cafe- I'm wishing for a McCormicks and Schmicks with an outdoor seating area.
7. Gadget shop- Sharper Image
8. Maggiano's
9. Five Guys
10. Potbelly's
I believe that covers high end and quick food, plus desserts. And all the shopping a girl could ever need.
Post a Comment
<< Home