Reading The Blogs
Am off reading the blogs in the blogOWebs and came across an idea that Amy posted. Of course, I tweaked it a little...
MEMORY TAG:
As a comment on my blog, leave you most memorable memory of me. It can be of something we did together, of something crazy I did, of something crazy you did when I was around. It doesn't matter if you know me a lot or a little. Anything is game.
Hmmm ... anything is game is a dangerous proposition with this crowd. This should be good...

9 Comments: (Post a Comment)
"And then I pulled out my treat..."
Dangerous.
Too many to chose from, and some I won't write about.
All the Friday and/or Saturday evenings we just called each other and did something together.
One of my favorite Oliver memories is the time you curled Marci's hair into a million ringlets using pencils (right??) - hilarious. :) Our 10-year and 8-year-old selves thought you were soooooo cool after that, and of course, we were right.
Another good one would be the Man Date you and Bryce went on to go see the sneak preview of... I can't even remember, was it Oceans 13? The Man Date was the funnier memorable part of that memory. :)
One of my most precious memories of you is that as a young child, toddler, you never asked for any thing. Never had the "gimmies." One Christmas I was trying to get you children to look through the Sears wish book to see what you might want. Remember we had not stores to shop in out in the desert. In all innocence, you took a notebook and went through the catalog, page by page, and tried to list one thing from every page. You would have been about five. It broke my heart to have to explain to you that you couldn't have some thing from every page and had to narrow down your choices to a few.
Not to put a damper on other comments as I could cetainly come up with some of those. Love you, Mom
Remember when we all went on that big group date where we matched our dates? We all were seriously able to come up with clothes that matched from just what we had in our closets which was cool. Then we went to a Chuck E. Cheese type place and it was so fun.
It's funny to think now about how afraid all us little freshman girls were of the RM's in that ward, and then you came and made it all better and we all hung out the rest of the year and were great friends.
I will always remember you belting out operatic notes, heavy on the vibrato, as you flitted from apartment to apartment in Canyon Terrace. You visited everyone, even the most awkward and strange. Everyone thought you were their best friend. I admire you so much for that.
Then there were those nights playing dominoes with Julie Kennard, listening to Madonna's Ray of Light CD incessantly, the ill-fated, last minute, late night trip to Vegas where I had my wallet and camera stolen, then got a speeding ticket on the way home. The Krispy Kremes made it all better, though.
Check it out: www.vegetablesarenasty.blogspot.com
I don't know you extremely well, but aren't all us "greater Washington area" folks connected somehow, anyway?
We were in a full-scale stake musical called "Within These Walls". It was the closest I will ever get to being famous, playing the romantic lead opposite a 30-something father of twins. I was in high school, and had to gaze into his eyes adoringly...it was just weird. You and the Chapmans were my escape back to my own age group!
I remember during some sort of rehearsal break, a group of us went outside, and you helped me with projecting my singing voice and you were so animated and dare I say, dramatic? Good fun. I got to know your sister quite well during one of those summers when we were YCLs for girls camp.
Anyway, glad to have you out here in UT w/ the rest of the transplants. I love reading your blog!
The strongest image that comes to mind when I think of Oliver is mismatched socks, with one of them being argyle.
I also remember hearing about how you would answer the phone, "Oliver the Great and Humble," or, sometimes "Domino's Pizza, may I take your order please?" (This was when caller ID was new.)
Randi hit my memory already, but I would add pennies to the domino playing, orange julius, and "Blah, Said Toad" with Jess. Oh, and who can forget our Christmas tree named Oliver?
Hello to you and Kristin! Clara is a doll!
Post a Comment
<< Home