Monday, March 30, 2009

Food & The Lack Thereof

Kristin had to stop eating at 10pm last night. But I didn't. So I just went to the cafeteria and found some decent food that was shockingly affordable. I know. Who would have thunk?

Whilst I was gone, a different doctor from the practice stopped by, verified that baby is head down (ha-le-freaking-lu-jah), and broke Kristin's water. The nurses just started the patocin and now the fun begins.

Did I mention they have a stash of cookies and Diet Coke for the dads? I'm liking this hospital more and more.

Labels:

7 Comments:   (Post a Comment)

At 9:14 AM, Blogger Bonnie said...

You know, it is just absolutely ridiculous that women in labor are starved to death.

Good luck with everything! Hopefully it will go fast!

 
At 10:10 AM, Blogger fiona said...

I like the play-by-play! This is reminding me more and more of a day in December more than 2 years ago :) I'll be checking in often. I hope it all goes smoothly and quickly, and I'm glad Baby decided to have a head down day!

 
At 10:39 AM, Blogger Sara said...

Hoorah for head-down babies - that makes me so happy! Good luck that everything goes well.

Sounds like a great hospital for dads. I'm with Bonnie - I think it's ridiculous that women can't even have water for crying out loud during something that is harder than anything else physically one has to do. Doesn't make sense.

Good luck!

 
At 11:44 AM, Blogger Sara and Todd said...

Amen! Especially on starving women in labor! Congratulations on being in the process!!! I pray all goes well. Amy and Jacob just checked in with their name suggestions.... Amy... Diana and Jacob... Taco Bell (Maybe after Tinkerbell with a twist on Isaac's name in utero.) I look forward to more update. We love you!

 
At 12:37 PM, Blogger Sally said...

Hi, you two. Just remembered you did all sorts of blogging with Clara and thought I would check in. I hope things are progressing. So very appreciative of call. Praying frequently for you. Leaving for tulip fields, waterfall, lunch at Mc Donalds as Morgan finally did his #2 in the potty, and the doctor for Alex. Please give a call again. Much love.

 
At 12:49 PM, Blogger mattandhonor said...

Ok, so you all need to have babies in Michigan. Unless I have COMPLETE pregnancy amnesia, I'm pretty sure they let me eat whenever I wanted to. I remember because I thought it was odd since I'd never been able to eat before....they probably put the kabosh on that at some point, but I don't remember....
Good luck and may the pitosin work it's magic and baby girl #2 not be too stubborn and take forever to grace us with her presence!!

 
At 1:51 PM, Blogger Andrea said...

My doctor started my inducing drip at 2pm and at 7pm I was starving since I had not eaten since 10am and she said, "Oh you have a long ways to go, I'll have them send up a tray." I devoured the surprisingly good hospital turkey meal and within 1 hour violently vomited it all up into my toilet (thank you twins) so violently that I somehow undid my IV and Toby had to alert me that blood was splashing all over the floor as I walked back to my hospital bed and he had to run and get nurses to fix IV plus cleaning crew to mop up the floor and walls (yes the blood splattered everywhere). So I vote that starving the woman in labor is probably the better option.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home