Wednesday, June 17, 2009

I Do Believe It's Official

My 2 1/2 year old is giving up her nap.

Sigh.

I had hoped we'd make it until at least her third birthday, but on the afternoons that she does actually nap she won't fall asleep at bedtime until 9, 10, sometimes 11pm. And it seems like today is going to be a no-nap day (these are becoming more and more frequent); she's been in her room chattering/yelling to herself for an hour.

Guess we need to institute some quiet-time rules instead.

Labels:

6 Comments:   (Post a Comment)

At 4:13 PM, Blogger Heidi Totten said...

That must be a Clara thing. We feel your pain!

 
At 9:36 PM, Blogger k1 said...

W1 did the exact same thing at 2 1/2. It was really frustrating, but on the non-nap days bedtime is so much easier. I guess it becomes a trade-off.

 
At 10:58 AM, Blogger fiona said...

Oooh, my worst nighmare! I think Nuala is about ready to give it up, sometimes she doesn't nap, the rascal...but Bran still loves to, thankfully. I'm all for the quiet time in their room thing, though, for their mother's sanity. Good luck.

 
At 1:40 PM, Blogger Kricket said...

This isn't my favorite part of kids growing up.

 
At 7:29 PM, Blogger Sally said...

Condolences. Best of luck in figuring out your next moves...and may they work.

 
At 12:08 AM, Blogger Kelly R said...

I am sorry it is very hard when they give up that time. That is our only time for us! Good luck. I hope quiet time rules work.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home