Monday, May 04, 2009

Princess Diapers & Other Clara-isms

Like I mentioned in the previous post, Clara has a few cute sayings we've wanted to capture on video fro some time now. Well, tonight we got a bunch of them!!! Let's roll the video then I'll explain each one.

  • Bih-guh behg = big-girl bed. Pretty self-explanatory.
  • Pih-geh bye-geh = princess diaper. Our Little Clara ain't so little. She's outgrown the largest size of nighttime diaper, so we had to put her in Pull Ups. She loves her Pull Ups because they have princesses on them. You've got to hand it to Disney. My daughter has NEVER seen a Disney princess movie and is totally obsessed with her pih-geh bye-gehs, asking for them all day long.
  • Nigh-nee = pacifier. One of Clara's first phrases was nigh-nigh, meaning going to bed. It was cute to hear say "nigh nigh" each night when it was time to turn in. I don't remember exactly when it happened, but somehow pacifier became "nigh nee" - maybe it was when the pacifier became a bedtime-only item. Maybe Kristin will edit this post. Regardless, nigh nee is one of the most powerful phrases in our house, able to calm a tantrum-ing two-year-old, or to start a tantrum if she somehow got it and I go to take it away.
  • Mee-kee bye-geh = Mickey diaper. Another up to the Disney marketing machine. The Huggies diapers that Clara wears during the day have Mickey and Minnie Mouse on them. Hence...
  • Moh-duh = Grandma (my mom). Enough has been said about that in this post.
Now that you are all fluent in Clara, who wants to come babysit?

Labels: ,

6 Comments:   (Post a Comment)

At 3:40 PM, Blogger Sally said...

Cute video. Must have been a tough decision between Clara being in the mood for so much talking on command and being taped and letting her do all that talking with her nigh-nee in her mouth. I hope the Bih-guh behg is going well. Happy travels. Eric is excited. Lots of Love

 
At 5:32 PM, Blogger fiona said...

She's so cute! Nuala LOVES princess pull-ups, too, and also calls them "pincess dappas". Funny girls! We just used our last one today, so she'll hafta hold out till we go to the States, poor thing.

I'm so excited y'all are going to be in Seattle, I really hope we get to see y'all when we're there!

 
At 10:16 PM, Blogger Sara and Todd said...

Definitely Cute! Amazing that you caught so many at once. It is the challenge of all parents to capture on film what they are trying to capture. I enjoyed catching up on your blog.

 
At 7:44 AM, Blogger beezbond said...

how does she pronounce seattle

 
At 9:34 AM, Blogger Sara said...

Awww...cute! Woodstock was obsessed with Elmo long before she watched a single episode of Sesame Street. Thank you marketers.

 
At 5:03 PM, Blogger Bonnie said...

I was just showing this video to Michael and he said, "Cala!" Then he saw Anna and said, "Other Cala!"

 

Post a Comment

<< Home