Someone is Getting Too Smart for Her Own Good
A few weeks ago, our ward's Primary gave each family a CD with all the Sacrament Meeting program songs to practice at home. Clara was SO excited and now wants to listen to it every time we're in the car - "Mom, I want to listen to my radio!" (At first she kept telling us she wanted to "watch my radio." We seem to have straightened out the difference between watching and listening now. Sigh.)
Since listening to NPR in the car is one of the few ways I stay in touch with the world outside of poopy diapers and fruit snacks, I'll occasionally tell her I need her to be patient so I can listen to the news before we start playing her CD. Our conversation yesterday:
C: Mom, I want to listen to my radio.
K: In one minute, sweetie. Mommy needs to listen to the news.
C: But Moooooom, I need to listen. I need to listen for my teachers (meaning her primary teachers).
Little manipulator. Cute, though.
This morning she wanted to watch "Alice in Wonderland." I told her that we could watch a movie later in the afternoon (we're trying to curtail our TV watching habits around here). Her response:
C: But Moooooom, I need to watch Alice. I need to watch it for my teachers.
Nice try, sweetie.
Labels: Clara

1 Comments: (Post a Comment)
We have the SAME conversations in our car. Woodstock wants music. I want NPR.
We're trying not to resort to determine the winner by who yells loudest.
Post a Comment
<< Home