Wednesday, June 08, 2011

How Does Your Garden Grow?

Hey, look at me! Three days in a row! I don't think we've posted three days in a row since Anna was born. Sick of me yet?

Anyway, our brief taste of summer seems to have gone by the wayside today, so to combat the stuck-in-the-house blues, we decided to make ourselves a little flower garden.

Anna loves markers and now views crayons as completely beneath her. But Anna with markers and Mommy don't always get along. Tangent - the other day Clara was using markers when Anna snatched a few and tried to bring them out into the living room. Marker use is strictly limited to the kitchen/dining room, so I directed Anna back into the kitchen. She disapproved (loudly), and, to show her displeasure, started coloring all over her t-shirt. When I informed her that she could not do that and was on her last warning, she growled at me and started coloring on the kitchen cabinets. Needless to say, no more markers for Miss Anna that day. But back to today...when she's buckled into her high chair, she does great:


And here's our table in full project glory:


Clara loved gluing flowers and gems onto the "grass", but then decided we needed some original artwork as well:



Clara has given Anna a nickname - the Goofer. I think it's appropriate, don't you?


And the finished product, for now. Maybe we'll add some butterflies and bumblebees on our next gray day.

Labels: ,

5 Comments:   (Post a Comment)

At 5:47 PM, Blogger Tiffany said...

That is sooo cute! I'm debated whether or not to show Samara this post. She might use all of my flowers. :)

 
At 7:35 AM, Blogger Bonnie said...

Wow, I check my google reader and there are a bunch of posts from you. Yay, Kristin! Blogging like a regular. Those look like fun art projects!

 
At 7:36 AM, Blogger Bonnie said...

Oh, and I forgot to say, Anna has the best hair ever.

 
At 9:53 AM, Blogger Sally said...

Love the flower garden!

 
At 8:45 AM, Blogger Meredith said...

I read this last night and thought it was such a cute idea that we did it this morning when I needed a project to fill some time! So fun! Did you think of this yourself? Anyway, hope you're all doing well and enjoying your new home.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home