Anna and the Ants
Earlier today, I heard a scream from the kitchen and saw Anna come tearing around the corner. She grabbed my hand, yelling, "Come! Come! Spider!" She pulled me to the back door, where I noticed three tiny ants crawling on the floor. I told her they were just ants and I would get a tissue to kill them. When I returned with the tissue, she started pushing me away, saying, "No! No!" She then dropped to her belly and started talking to the ants, saying, "I see you! I see you! Hi baby! What you doing? What you doing? Hi baby!"
Fine. I'll spare the three little ants. But just be forewarned, little miss; I draw the line at spiders. There will be no mercy.
Labels: Anna

1 Comments: (Post a Comment)
Awesome. What a great story and such noble tenderness.
Post a Comment
<< Home