Blonde. James Bond.
Went and saw the new James Bond movie with Bonnie & David. Kristin isn't much of a Bond fan, and is also on the verge of coming down with something, so she passed. We got excellent seats in a huge theatre - this is one of those movies best seen on a BIG screen with good sound. This theatre had both.
It's been said everywhere, so I don't think I need to dwell on it much, but this was one good movie. More action that past Bonds. More believable. (Sadly) fewer gadgets. Both Bonnie and my coworker Holly testified to both Daniel Craig's dreaminess and sex appeal. Great locations. High stakes poker. A rousing huzzah for the film.
While watching the opening credits I caught a reference to free running. For those not in the know, free running is a way of running, vaulting, jumping, and climbing created by Sebastien Foucan and most often practiced in urban areas. I first discovered it when randomly browsing Google Video. Since then it has surfaced throughout pop culture, including two Madonna videos and the opening sequence of Casino Royale. The breath-taking opening sequence you might have heard about is all free running. And they even got Sebastien Foucan to play the bad guy Bond chases.So, go see the movie. Click the links in the paragraph above to learn about free running and to see clips. The first Madonna video to which I link is full of free running. The second only has a little in the beginning. For quick samples, click here, here, and here.
Labels: movies

0 Comments: (Post a Comment)
Post a Comment
<< Home