You're My Idol
While traveling within the Washington Metropolitan Area Transit Authority's rail and bus system, it is prohibited to listen to music or use personal entertainment devices without headphones. Every once in a while you get someone listening to their music so loud that you can hear every note. This happened about six months back when a 20-something female professional boarded my train listening to La Vida Loca by Ricky Martin. I didn't realize people still listened to Ricky Martin.
On the bus ride home today a gentleman, sitting five seats away, was sharing his music with the rest of us. He was professionally dressed and had a conservative haircut. I'd put him in his early forties. I thought I recognized the song and was surprised. I hadn't pegged a middle-ager as the target demographic for the song he was listening to.
It was Kelly Clarkson's Walk Away.

0 Comments: (Post a Comment)
Post a Comment
<< Home