Friday, June 22, 2007

Farewell to Kirsten

Tonight, to bid farewell to their dear friend Kirsten, Bruce & Julie invited us to accompany them to Shamshiri for a little kabob and Persian dessert goodness. That is truly one of those invites you can't refuse.

We met at the restaurant (thanks to slow buses I was 20 minutes late) and ordered. Julie went outside the norm and ordered a dish that the menu said "tastes like it had been created by imaginative honeybees." Colter ordered his customary plate of rice. Clara ordered a serving of loud talking with a side of the wiggles.

The new dish was amazing, it included orange peel, carrots, and honey on a bed of rice, and the kabobs were tasty as always. I kept having to excuse myself from the table as Clara's dish came out exactly as ordered. When dessert time came, we ordered saffron ice cream, zolbia, bahmieh (I can tell the two apart), and baklava. The safron ice cream is bathed in rose water.

I rode back to our house with Bruce, Julie, Colter and Kirsten. At one point we were stopped at a traffic light. On each of the four corners was a car dealership, a common occurance in Tysons Corner. As I looked more closely, I reazlied that I was playing a game of "One of these kids is doing his own thing." Check it out.

Corner 1: Porsche of Tysons Corner
Corner 2: Moore Cadillac Hummer of Tysons Corner
Corner 3: Mercedes-Benz of Tysons Corner
Corner 4: Easterns of Tysons Corner

Click the links to find out which of the above does not belong. Three of the dealerships have a certain level of sophistication. One prides itself on its "your job is your credit" tag line and annoyingly memorable theme song. They have a dealership in Herndon they call a "Toy Store". Ahh, the joys of Easterns Motors. "Where you job is your credit!" I just had to make a Google Map for the intersection.

Back at the house we played Wii until it was time for Colter to go to bed. I hope the next time I visit someone i get such a send off. One can hope, right?

Labels:

1 Comments:   (Post a Comment)

At 4:36 PM, Blogger Sara said...

Okay, it is annoyingly pathetic when the mention of THE WORST commercial in auto history makes me miss VA. You know how many times I've sat and stared at that intersection, stuck in rush hour traffic? *sigh*

 

Post a Comment

<< Home