Monday, July 30, 2007

Blair & Julie's Visit: Day 3 ... turned into Day 4

Read about Blair & Julie's Visit: Day 1 | Day 2


Blair & Julie


Blair and Clara head to head


Clara demonstrating her new
favorite face for Aunt Julie
Blair and Julie were scheduled to fly out at 8pm yesterday. I drove them to National Airport, bid them adieu, and started the drive back home. I was dialing one of my brothers for a chat on the way home when Blair phone number came up on my caller ID. "Our flight was canceled. We're on flights tomorrow. Can you come get us?" I quickly exited, did a cloverleaf, and headed back to the airport.

They were still wrestling with airline people, so I drove over to the cell phone waiting area. I pulled next to a woman whose car wouldn't start. We found a pair of jumper cables and, after a quick call to Jared for instructions on how to jump a car, we got her running. Looks like Scout Camp had an impact.

I went back to the terminal and collected our weary travellers. The airline put Blair on a 7:30am flight back home, and Julie on a noon flight. Even the pregnant-woman card couldn't get them on a flight together. Back at our house, we played some more Killer Bunnies, I had introduced them to the game earlier in the day to a wonderful reception, and visited until we all crashed into bed.

I awoke early, got Blair to the airport on time, and took Julie back to my office where she promptly fell asleep in the nap room for three hours. I took her to the airport around 9:30am and thus ended our wonderful weekend with Blair & Julie. Luckily we are going to see them when we are in Minnesota in two weeks. Can't wait!

Jared said this post should have been called 'This White Man Can Jump'.

Labels: