Thursday, October 04, 2007

Hope In, I'll Give You a Ride

A continuation of Blogging on My Walk to Work

Date: October 4, 2007
Time: 7:29am
Location: En route to bus stop, cutting through neighborhood.

As I rounded the corner and started down the next street over, I saw a woman and three children loading into the minivan with Wisconsin plates. Throwing caution to the wind I asked the woman as I walked past the car, "Excuse me, but are you LDS?". She said, "Yes! The license plate tag sort of gives it away, doesn't it?"

We quickly exchanged pleasantries and I went to excuse myself when she asked, "Where are you heading?" "To catch a bus to the Park & Ride." "That's where I'm going. Do you want a ride?"

We ended up chatting through the ride to the bus stop, the bus ride to the metro, and the metro ride to my office. We covered everything from family to work to books we've read (she is reading the Twilight series by Stephenie Meyer) to grocery stores. I am one who usually requires my quiet time in the morning, but found the conversation so enjoyable that the time flew and soon the conductor was announcing my stop.

At one point in our conversation she commented that she usually doesn't give strange men a ride. I'm not that strange, am I?

2 Comments:   (Post a Comment)

At 1:58 PM, Blogger foculbrown said...

Let me be the first to say: you are a strange man, Oliver!

Next, we need more details, off-line of course.

 
At 10:55 PM, Blogger Jen said...

I think you're HILARIOUS...and also, truly the best Gospel Doctrine teacher I have ever had!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home