Just Like The Movies
Last night we had a late launch (meaning new code launched on our site, had to stay up late testing) so I slept in this morning. Kristin told me to take the car to work, shortening my commute from an hour to thirty minutes. I love my wife.
Something required that I move my car at the end of the day, about an hour before heading home. While moving my car, the following happened:
I pulled into a metered parking spot, got out of the car, and closed the car door. A bus was coming down the street; I didn't think much of it. After I closed the car door and as I turned to walk to the meter the bus passed, hitting a puddle of water and soaking me with slushy, salt, snowy road water. It was disgusting. I stood there in disbelief - What! Am I in a movie? - and quickly got out of the street, thereby avoiding a similar shower of road water from a passing car. Keys, coat, shirt, pants, badge: soaked. I went upstairs, walked in to my boss' office, told her about my experience, stood there good-naturedly as she laughed, and the announced that I was leaving for the day.
Labels: commuting

1 Comments: (Post a Comment)
At least you weren't wearing a pink tu-tu! (go about 30 seconds into it)
Post a Comment
<< Home