A Good Morning
And now it's time for your favorite feature and mine: Ask The New Mom!
Oliver: Welcome, dear blog friends, to another exciting episode of Ask The New Mom. My name is Oliver, the New Dad, and I will be interviewing Kristin, the New Mom.
Oliver: Kristin, how did you sleep last night?
Kristin: I did not.
Oliver: Why not?
Kristin: (Look at the cute baby ballet slippers, actually socks, I bought to dress Anna up in.) Because the bed s*cks.
Oliver: Such course language for a new mom. Or maybe it's because you've just had a baby. You're entitled to such. How is Anna doing?
Kristin: I guess okay. I've hardly seen her much for the past 24 hours. I've had her for less than four or five of the past 24 hours. At most.
Oliver: For those not in the know, why not?
Kristin: Yellow baby. [Editor's note: her bilirubin counts were high yesterday, so she's spending time under the lights.]
Oliver: What is today's update on the bilirubin counts.
Kristin: They're down far enough that she won't need phototherapy. And hopefully she won't anymore.
Oliver: What does that mean for going home?
Kristin: We are. [Editor's note: the bilirubin levels are falling, enough such that we are going home and we'll go in tomorrow morning to get it rechecked. If it goes back up, which isn't expected, they'll probably do a bili-blanket at home.]
Oliver: Why aren't you playing along?
Kristin: I just want to go home.
Oliver: I think this interview is over.
Kristin: Well, we have to feed the baby so we can get her dressed.
I'm getting the sense the interview is done. Thanks to Kristin for being a (somewhat) good sport. I guess she has license; she did just have a baby.
Labels: Baby #2

7 Comments: (Post a Comment)
I KNOW! Those beds are horrible. As if you didn't just go through labor and now have new exercises for your upper body, they feel the need to torture your back with 2-3 inches of foam.
Thanks for all the updates! She's adorable!!
Great interview!!! I hope you were able to get home in a timely fashion. It always seemed that I sat around FOR-EV-EEERRRRRRRR trying to get discharged and go home!!
And the beds are better at home!
Kristin, you are a patient woman.
Oh she's so precious! And I'm glad that you didn't name her Fifi! That was my Mom's nickname for me growing up and I HATED it. We miss you guys. Tell Clara to watch the mail for a surprise from Samara!!
I do enjoy the New Mom interviews, and Kristin is, indeed, a patient woman!
I love her name, so classic! Much, much better than Fifi, which I also was occasionally afflicted with and pretty much detested :P Anna's adorable! Like her big sis!
love all the updates
love seeing how good everyone looks
love that everyone is healthy
Congrats you guys! The updates have been really fun to read. We hope everyone is doing well and that you are getting a little bit of sleep.
Post a Comment
<< Home