Sunday, December 24, 2006

Christmas Eve

It's Christmas Eve. I'm sitting at my computer holding Clara in her upright, post feeding pose, typing this post with one hand. I sent Kristin to bed an hour and a half ago. She is in serious need of rest. I told her I'd take the 11pm feeding. Clara got two ounces down in twenty minutes, pretty good time. Now we have twenty minutes of upright time to minimize spit up.

As I sat in my amazing brown chair, with my little girl sleeping on my chest, I couldn't help but think how her birth has changed Christmas Eve. A year or two from now I will be bending over assembly instructions, cursing toy manufacturers, and wishing some of my father's mechanical engineering genes had come my way rather than concentrating with Matthew and Eric. Maybe we'll get lucky and she will only wish for pens and markers like her cousin, Grace. Come what may, I'm sure that Kristin and I will be spending time arranging the presents from Santa alongside gifts from family and friends to make a perfect Christmas.

I'll miss the quiet Christmas Eves with just me and Kristin.

Merry Christmas.

1 Comments:   (Post a Comment)

At 10:47 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ditto. We just finished putting a Playmobil Noah's Ark together. The putting together is actually fun. We are just hoping Colter sleeps 'til 8-ish.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home