I'm your sleeping beauty
As a follow up to my previous post, I would like to introduce you to another piece of odd hospital furniture that turned into a bed.
About three hours after Clara was born while I was making the Chipotle run, Kristin was moved from the Labor & Delivery unit up to the Postpartum unit. The postpartum rooms are smaller than the L&D rooms - babies are delivered in the L&D rooms so they need room for doctors, nurses, etc. - and are private, like the L&D rooms. We were put in room 18.
In our room was a chair. The chair was a transformer. Watch it transform:

Shockingly, this chair/bed was much more comfortable than the couch/bed in L&D. I was able to get seven hours of sleep on it the first night and six the next. Not contiguous, mind you, but sleep nonetheless.
Crazy Fun Factoid: Our friend Bonnie, of the duo David & Bonnie, delivered her baby Michael at the same hospital two weeks to the day before Clara's birth. The crazy part? The two rooms they were in were L&D 10 and Postpartum 18. Exact same rooms. And you think we're all crazy saying Clara and Michael are destined to marry each other.

0 Comments: (Post a Comment)
Post a Comment
<< Home