Wednesday, December 20, 2006

The First Playdate

As was first reported on The Rollins' Rundown, Zachariah & Fiona welcomed their twins into the world yesterday. Congratulations to the entire family!

This afternoon David came over for a visit. After holding Clara for a while, we decided to take a field trip over to Zachariah & Fiona's room. Though I have met Bran and Nuala, and Zachariah had met Clara, Kristin had yet to meet the twins and Fiona had yet to meet our little doll. Kristin, David, Clara, and I walked to the other side of the maternity ward and paid a visit.

Parking was pretty easy to find.
Kristin and Fiona said their hellos and started swapping stories about the birthing experience. Fiona had met Clara earlier in the day when I took her over for a visit, so Kristin took some time to get to know Nuala and Bran. At one point I snapped a picture of Zachariah, David, and Kristin, each holding a baby, and none holding their own. It's fun to see the size difference between Clara, Bran, and Nuala. Perhaps the most astonishing thing is how compact Clara feels after holding Bran, the lighter of the two twins. Like her parents, Clara seems to have the gift for packing the pounds on. Sorry about that.
After some play-time (okay actually it was sleep in the arms of the random person holding you time), we took a picture of the guests of honor (see right), bid David "Adieu!", and welcomed a friend from our congregation who dropped by to see how we were making out.

It turned out to be a wonderful playdate. Looking forward to many more the same.

Labels: ,

2 Comments:   (Post a Comment)

At 12:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

(I found the statement you mentioned.)

 
At 2:46 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Kristin looks a little livelier than either David or Zach, who both have that "new father" glow.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home