Friday, December 15, 2006

Shorts in December

We've been experiencing a very mild winter here in Washington, DC. Some might even say that it isn't quite winter - okay spare me the lecture on when the solstice is. Regardless, we're having temperatures in the 60s the second week of December. It's supposed to be cold!

Today on my way into work I passed two guys on the street in shorts and short-sleeve shirts. I wonder if their wardrobe choice was a celebration of the warmer-than-normal weather. Or perhaps they did it because they are from some northern clime that scoffs at the fact that there exist people who think temperatures in the 60s equate to chilly.

Up until this year I would have considered the 60s quite warm. Then I started losing weight. Without the extra insulation I am always cold. At work, in the car, watching TV, I am always cold. It used to be that Kristin would complain of a chill whenever I mentioned that the temperature was perfect. Now days the thing in her belly is keeping her hotter than hot. And I walk around shivering.

I used to think it odd that my father had an extra blanket on his side of the bed. The comforter wasn't enough to keep him warm during the night? *Scoff!* A few nights ago a fleece blanket found its way onto my side of the bed. I don't think I've ever slept better.

1 Comments:   (Post a Comment)

At 9:51 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

The apple does not fall far from the tree.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home