Tuesday, December 19, 2006

Welcome, Little One

Clara has arrived! We welcomed her into the world at 6:39pm. She weighs a delightful 8 pounds 4 ounces and is 21.5 inches long. The labor was intense, read pitocin involved, but thanks to the epidural the last part went very well. Both mother and daughter are healthy and resting.

When last we met our heronie, she was an eight after a marathon adventure to get the epidural. In the next hour she went to ten, and after 55 minutes of pushing Clara was born. Clara was born with hair, not as much as her mother had at birth, but more than her baby-baldy father did! It is brown, shocking, and part wavy and part straight. She is chubby in a cute new baby sort of way. I told Kristin I prefer the chubby babies to the skinny ones.

We were able to spend an hour and a half with Clara before she was wisked away to the nursery for her bath and check-up. It's been four hours since they took her away and the nurse says that they are going to bring her to our room any minute. We can't wait to see her all cleaned up and to get to know her a little better. (Plus, newborn babies are a little goopy (that's a Kristin word) so I can't wait to see if she cleans up real nice. [Props to anyone who gets that reference.])

Oh, and two other important things. First, after Clara had been gone for an hour Kristin turned to me and said, "Chipotle. Now." After not being able to have the tortilla and rice (too many carbohydrates for the gestational diabetic) she is now free. Freedom has never tasted so sweet. Second, she's already eaten her first chocolate bar as evidenced by the picture below.

Labels:

5 Comments:   (Post a Comment)

At 10:50 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh my goodness! Congratulations!!! That is such happy news! She is a beautiful girl. I wish I could see her in person, because I know that pictures don't do justice. You must be feeling so many emotions right now, but happiness I am sure exceeds them all. We love you! Welcome, Clara!

 
At 6:55 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congratulations! She's beautiful. And I hope Kristen enjoys her carbohydrates!

 
At 7:05 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

We really could not be more excited for you guys. We hope all goes well and send our love! We cannot wait to meet little Clara in person.

 
At 7:06 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hello World. Welcome to the world.

 
At 3:05 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congrats! Kristin you look beautiful as always! I think motherhood is giving you that excited glow! Kudos on the chocolate bar! You deserve it! Clara is so beautiful and I can't wait to meet her!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home