Bless My BlackBerry
Thanks to the modern marvel that is my BlackBerry, I sit at Kristin's hospital bedside blogging. The maternity wing doesn't have wireless access. However, my BlackBerry 8703e can be used as a modem. Pretty cool, huh? And Kristin said this thing is useless.
Kristin is laying peacefully, hooked up to a monitor. Clara is moving around like a mad woman, alternately kicking the monitor and running away. Then repeating the process. Kristin is sending her chill-out vibes. The nurse said if they get a good read on Clara they will take Kristin off the monitor. Kristin, ever the reader, is reading every piece of documentation the hospital gave us. Correction, for every five minutes three and a half are spent starring at the monitoring machine, engaged in a battle of wills with Clara, and one and a half are spent reading.
The room is nice. The maternity wing of the hospital is new, all the rooms are singles and decorated like hotel rooms. The floors appear to be hardwood, but must be some sort of laminate to stand up to the fluids involved in child birth. I found the nourishment center and got myself a glass of water. Kristin can have liquids until midnight. She has a bottle of Deer Park at her side. Two more hours of drinking and then it's on to the world of ice chips.
I guess I'll sign off for now. Kristin thinks I'm a little silly for wanting to blog the experience. It could be worse. One of my coworkers suggested setting up a webcam.
I think he was joking.
Labels: Clara

5 Comments: (Post a Comment)
Well, silly or not, we are certainly enjoying seeing the updates on your blog! Good luck to Kristin - you go, girl!!! We'll be thinking of you guys tonight/tomorrow.
AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!! I AM SO EXCITED!!!! A little Clara so soon! No doubt I will check the blog frequently for updates. GOOD LUCK YOUR TWO!!!
Hey, did you bring your own blanket for the couch thingy? Z is worried he'll get a bit cold...
You are crazy!! Well, it's something to do while you wait.
Dude, you need to go easy on your Crackberry. No need to have Clara wondering what drugs her father is getting. (But I have to admit the updates are really cool.)
Good luck to Kristin! We are thinking about you.
Post a Comment
<< Home