Saturday, January 27, 2007

I love Eddie Bauer shirts.

Last Friday, the 19th, Kristin and I took an outing to the mall to stretch our legs and enjoy walls other than those of our townhouse. We stopped in at Eddie Bauer to return a shirt I received for Christmas. I figured I could use the store money from the returned shirt to pick out one other shirt as their shirts tend to be a little expensive. Imagine my delight when, while browsing their wrinkle resistant dress shirts, a salesman explained that they were having an incredible sale on all winter merchandise: 50% off the already %30 off price. This meant that the dress shirts that are normally $55 and were marked down to $30 were now going for $15. I found two excellent shirts, psyched that I had gotten such a good deal.

On the way home from picking my Mom up at the airport the next day, we decided to stop by another Eddie Bauer store near us to see if they were having the same sale. They were! I ended up finding four shirts for myself, four for one of my brothers (plus a sweater, see pic to right), and two for my dad. Those ten dress shirts only cost me $150. Those same ten shirts would have run $550 full price. I so rocked that sale.

As the saleswoman was ringing up my purchases she congratulated me on my haul. "You realize you're getting a better deal than we salespeople do. The most we can get is %30 off. I thinking of having my boyfriend come in and get me some stuff at the cheaper price." Rock on Eddie Bauer, rock on.

2 Comments:   (Post a Comment)

At 8:09 PM, Blogger Jared said...

So I was in Eddie Bauer the other day and a guy was complaining about the fact the tall shirts cost more than the regular shirts. I told him that he needed to buy them when they are on sale and told him that my brother picked me up 4 shirts and a sweater on the $15 sale. He told me that I have a really nice brother.

 
At 5:45 AM, Blogger Oliver said...

That you do.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home