Coughs, Pointing, Feet
This morning I awoke to the sound of coughing. Clara, in the midst of scaling Mount Daddy, had laid down and let out a string of coughs. Looks like the cold has moved down. The poor little one has been a good sport, letting Mommy and Daddy wipe her runny nose, but also availing herself of any and all parts of their clothing as a Kleenex. Her chapped, red cheeks are sensitive, she's blowing bubbles from her nose, and she's more cuddly. Clara isn't normally a very cuddly baby, so I welcome any chance to sit quietly and hold her. I do help she gets over this cold soon, so it will be easier for her to take a bottle and so that her sleep might be more restful.
Clara has a new trick. Last night, as Kristin was reading her a bedtime story, Barnyard Dance, Kristin asked her to point to the cow on the "Turn with a cow in a patch of clover" page. She stuck out her pointer finger and touched the cow. "Good girl! Can you point to the cow again?" Her little pointer finger extended, and she pointed to the cow. This morning, as Kristin was recounting this to me (I was at Priesthood Session) she ran and brought the book in, put it in front of Clara and asked, "Where's the cow?" And Clara pointed!!! It was so cute.Clara has learned where her feet are. Since we moved her from the baby carrier to her car seat, each time I take her out of the car seat I say "arm" to ask her to take her arm out of the strap. I've got her to the point where, after I unbuckle her and say arm, she quickly takes both arms out of the restraint and reaches for me. I love it when she reaches for me! When I get her dressed at night I also say arm and then feet as I help her put on her PJs. It's to the point that when you are playing with her, if you say foot or feet she'll stick up a foot and you can tickle it.
Labels: Clara

1 Comments: (Post a Comment)
It's exciting the new stuff they're able to do, but sad that they're growing up so fast! Ours love Sandra Boynton, too :) Poor Clara, I hope she's all better soon!
Post a Comment
<< Home