Poopy Potty?
Clara walked up to me this morning and said, "Mama, need go Target. Buy small potty for Tara (she's still mispronouncing her name)."
Huh.
I've been talking with her a bit about using the potty once we get back to our "Utah house" (Clara calls our current apartment our "Seattle house"). I'm a little surprised that these few brief conversations have made such an impact on her. And a little concerned that my time line may not be her time line; I really don't want to deal with a potty training toddler on a long car ride back to Utah in four weeks, but she seems to have a different idea.
But the best part about this? She didn't just ask me to go the store to buy a potty. Nope, she asked specifically for Target. I'm raising my girl up right.
Labels: Clara

4 Comments: (Post a Comment)
ah, she's got some Minnesotan in here. Splendid!
that was supposed to say "in her"
Is there any other store in the Christiansen household?! :)
I have the same concern about Woodstock. She's hellbent on potty training. I'm trying to ignore it - who on earth potty-trains a 22-month-old six weeks before a new baby arrives?!
Still, she uses the potty 4 or 5 times a day - I will willingly take her, but I'm not doing much to encourage it.
Good luck after the move. Should go well. Her great-grandma W says she needs to pronounce it tar-jay.
Post a Comment
<< Home