She Really is My Daughter
For awhile I kind of wondered if Clara really belonged to me or not. The kid has never liked cake. Can you imagine?
On her first birthday she touched the cake and was done. Over the next year I let her try cake a few more times and she never did eat it. So for her second birthday I made her rice krispies treats instead. I've been mourning the loss of all the cute birthday cakes she'll never eat ever since then.
A couple of weeks ago my sister and her husband joined us for dinner and brought us some slices of cake from Simply Desserts here in Seattle. So, so good. Seriously. Clara wanted to join us, but pretty much just sampled the frosting. Until she got to the chocolate truffle cake.
It was the richest chocolate cake I've ever eaten.
After one tentative bite, she started shoveling it in. I think she may have eaten more of it than even I did. My child ate cake?! Breakthrough!
Or maybe not.
Last night we had dinner with Randi and dessert included a rich chocolate custard ice cream. Guess who ate most of it?
Nope, not me.
Clara.
So maybe she hasn't discovered a love for cake-y goodness yet. But she has found her passion for chocolate.
That's my girl.
Labels: Clara

2 Comments: (Post a Comment)
Mmmm... chocolate. Good girl, Clara!
My dad and Rindy claim chocolate is the best way to start the day. Maybe that is the W trait she has picked up.
Post a Comment
<< Home