Wednesday, January 31, 2007

Deliquent Parents

My friends Nuala and Bran have a good Mommy and Daddy. They already have a six-week update on their blog. I was born on the same day, but my Mommy and Daddy dropped the ball and haven't posted anything about me for a few days now. The nerve. So I guess I need to do it myself.

I'm still having problems with my tummy, but we saw a new doctor today and hopefully it will get better soon. I'm kind of tired of all these doctors I've been meeting lately. They're really nice and everything, but a girl can only handle so many pokes and prods. On Monday they decided to have me try soy formula, but I don't think it's working too well. You'll see in the picture below that I'm breaking out in a rash on my face, and it might be because of the formula. So Mommy may have to come up with something else for me. To quote my friend Colter, I'm having a really hard life.

Actually, most things are going pretty well for me. I'm smiling more and more now, and most of the time it's at Mommy and Daddy instead of my mobile. I can hold my head up pretty well and can lift it off the ground during tummy time, when I let my Mommy give me tummy time. Mostly I hate it and just cry until she picks me up. I like my toys more and more all the time, and tonight I had fun with Daddy on my play mat. I still don't think I like my swing or bouncy seat, but Mommy is determined I will. Maybe someday I'll decide to humor her and stay in them for longer than two minutes before I cry.

Here's a picture of me playing with Daddy and wearing my I (Heart) Daddy onesie (thank you Grandma Debbie).

And here's a picture of me in the bath the other day. I'm not embarrassed to post it since my parents made sure it's not baby porn. You might not be able to tell from this picture, but I'm still pretty skinny; Mommy said she wonders where I came from, since she never thought one of her babies would ever be skinny.

I think that's all for tonight. It's really late and everyone needs sleep in this house. Mommy told me I need to be a good girl and sleep for more than three or four hours at a time, but I don't think I want to do that yet. Maybe next week. Or not.

Labels: