Sunday, January 28, 2007

ISO Tall, White Male, 25-30

Sunday evening the home teachers were over when the phone rang. Not wanting to be rude to our visitors, we let the phone go to voicemail. After they left I found a message waiting from my second cousin-in-law Bryce. He was going to be out our way to visit his brother-in-law, who is in town on business, and wanted to stop by. I tried him at his home number, perhaps expecting to get his wife, Lisa. No answer. I checked my BlackBerry, but found that we only had a home phone number.

Not wanting to give up, and possibly forfeit a delightful visit from an entertaining guy, I called Lisa's cousin Mary. Mary didn't have Bryce's cellphone number, but had Lisa's. "And, oh," she told me, "Lisa is in Boston visiting her sister and her in-laws."

So, I called Lisa's cell phone. No answer.

Still not wanting to give up, I decided to try to Lisa's sister, Marci. I didn't have Marci's contact information, but knew that my brother Jared would, as they both live in Boston. I called Jared. He gave me Marci's home phone number.

I called Marci's home phone number. Her husband Matt answered.

"Marci and Lisa are over at Bryce's parents' house," explained Matt.

"Can I get Marci's cell phone number?" I asked.

"Actually, Marci's cell phone is broken. She has mine with her. Call her at..." and her proceeded to give me his cell phone number to call to reach Marci.

I called the number.

Marci answered.

"Hey, Marci how's it going? Can I talk to Lisa?"

Marci passed me to Lisa and I explained the situation. "Actually, Bryce doesn't have a cell phone on him, but he's with my brother-in-law Jim, who does. Call his number."

So, I called Jim. He answered and passed me off to Bryce, to whom I explained that, in an attempt to get hold of him, I had:

Called his and Lisa's home phone number.
Called Mary to get to get Lisa's cell phone number.
Called Lisa's cell phone and gotten no answer.
Called Jared to get Marci's home phone number.
Called Marci's home phone and talked to Matt to get Matt's cell phone because Marci's cell phone is broken.
Called Matt's cell phone and talked to Marci who passed me to Lisa, who gave me Jim's cell phone number.
Called Jim and finally got to talk to BRYCE!

Bryce arrived at the house a half hour later. We kicked him out after a few hours ... at 1:11am.
It was a grand visit.
We love Bryce.

Labels:

4 Comments:   (Post a Comment)

At 7:55 PM, Blogger Jared said...

This is a great story. Way to be persistent. Bryce should be flattered that you went through all that effort just to track him down.

 
At 10:17 PM, Blogger TXlaps said...

I can confirm it was extremely flattering to be pursued that vigorously - and permitted to stay so late!

 
At 8:37 AM, Blogger Lisa Michelle said...

Talk about persistence!! Even knowing the final outcome of this story, I was cracking up reading about it! Bryce tells us little Clara is even cuter in person than she is in all her adorable photos. Sophie and I would love to stop by and meet her sometime soon. ...and we'll even promise to leave *well* before 1am. ;) (Don't know how you guys managed that one without turning into pumpkins!)

 
At 9:04 AM, Blogger Jim and Lisa said...

This is great! I'm glad you were able to find my brother. (Jim's my husband.)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home