Monday, June 25, 2007

I'm Six Months Old

Hello my adoring blog-based fan-dom. Once again, my mommy and daddy have proven themselves to be highly lame about giving you updates about me (I turned six months old a week ago already, for crying out loud, and they haven't posted yet), so it looks like I'm going to have to do it myself.

Mommy says I'm getting too big and growing up too fast. Just last week I figured out how to sit up by myself. Daddy took a bunch of pictures of me playing with my toys and thought this series was funny:


And soon I'll be able to crawl too...I can spin in circles on my belly to get to my toys and do push-ups. I'm a more and more social girl all the time - I love other babies, especially Michael, but I don't think he likes me as much. Mommy and Daddy say I'm too aggressive and it scares him a little. I just like to giggle and talk to him loudly and grab his face over and over. That's not too much is it? And I love talking to the baby that lives in all the bathroom mirrors in our house - she cracks me up.

I'm liking my new foods more and more all the time. Mommy just gave me some whole-grain oatmeal cereal for the first time the other day and I like it so much better than the rice stuff she's been trying to get me to eat. Carrots and squash aren't so good, but I do really like prunes. And sweet potatoes are still my favorite. Mommy is getting annoyed by the number of baby foods that have milk in them, so she's thinking she's going to have to start making my food soon instead of buying it in jars.

For people who like numbers Mommy said I should include these...

Height: 27 inches long (90th percentile)
Weight: 17 lbs 14 oz (75th percentile)
Head circumference: 44.5 cm (90th percentile)

And I'll leave you with some pictures Mommy took a few days ago. Enjoy!




Labels:

6 Comments:   (Post a Comment)

At 7:38 PM, Blogger Jen said...

Tara and Morgan say hello cousin Clara. Looks like you are happy and growing well. We think your mommy and daddy are doing a good job. If your mommy needs any tips on making baby food have her give me a call. Well good luck with the crawling, don't give your parents too hard of a time. How many gates do you have in the townhouse anyways? Love Jen, Tara and Morgan on the other side of the country.

 
At 8:56 PM, Blogger Oliver said...

Hello "Worlds Fastest Comment Poster"! Very impressive!

 
At 10:14 PM, Blogger JnR said...

Thanks for updating us Clara, you are growing up really fast and you are so adorable!!!. If you are wondering I am a friend of Nuala and Bran. ~Roshelle

 
At 11:20 PM, Blogger Sally said...

Well, Clara, I did not know you could sit up by yourself. Congratulations on reaching that milesone. And contrary to Aunt Jen's sweet words, I think you should go ahead and give your parents a rough time. Get onto the walking. It will keep them on their toes. As usual, your pictures are adorable. Your mommy does a wonderful job. Then, again, she has great material to work with. Love to all, Grandma Christensen

 
At 4:32 PM, Blogger Sara said...

Stunning photos, Kristin!

I can't believe Clara is that big - it seems like just the other day I was sitting in the hospital, holding her and wondering when my turn would come - only to discover 5 days later that Baby Girl was on the way.

Wow. Time flies!

 
At 5:02 PM, Blogger Bonnie said...

Hi Clara,

My mommy says I should tell you how beautiful you look in your pictures. I know how annoying it is to always have a camera in my face too. Mommy just won't put it away.

Next time I come to your house can you show me how to sit up on my own? I can only sit for a few seconds at a time. I will show you how to get up on your hands and knees and move your legs. I also want to show you how to bite, but for some reason my mommy doesn't want me to. I thought that's what my teeth were for.

I have to go play now.

From,
Michael

P.S. I like it when you talk to me, but I would like it if sometimes you would let me talk first. My mommy says you won't let me get a word in edgewise. I don't really know what that means. I just know that sometimes it's easier to talk when you aren't hitting my face.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home