Friday, August 03, 2007

I won?!?

Here are a few things that happened at work today:
  • Got to the office an hour early to preparation for two weeks of vacation (one week with my parents, one week in Minnesota).
  • Attended two and half hours of meetings with my team and a possible partner.
  • Traveled twenty miles to a local hospital (twenty miles = local?) to present to an association of health care recruiters.
  • Forgot to silence my cell phone, which rang in the middle of my presentation.
  • Sat in a car without air condition in stop-and-go traffic for forty minutes.
  • Had a member of my team, who is very allergic to nuts, have a severe reaction to her lunch from the Chinese cafe across the street, after asking if they use peanut oil and being told they do not. She was taken to the hospital by ambulance. Another team member accompanied her.
And now for the good thing. I quickly checked my BlackBerry after my presentation, with a few people waiting to talk to me, and saw that I won a contest our property management company had for everyone in our building. A large glass container held caramels, and everyone was allowed to guess. I figured there had to be more than one hundred, so I guessed 142. Had to be a 42 in there.

There were 144 pieces. I won the container full of candy and a gift basket. The gift basket contained: lavendar scented sprays, lotions, and oils; incense; a baobab scented candle in the shape of a Buddha head; Turkish mint tea; some Baskin Robbins brand hard candy (why?); and a few other odds and ends. When they delivered my prize to my desk, two of my teammates left me a voicemail from my phone telling me I'd won. It made for a fun end of the day.

4 Comments:   (Post a Comment)

At 7:33 AM, Blogger foculbrown said...

144 is a gross number, but I like it.

 
At 2:25 PM, Blogger Brian said...

42...it's the answer to everything isn't it?

 
At 9:47 PM, Blogger Jared said...

144 is not just gross. It is also square.

 
At 7:16 AM, Blogger Oliver said...

You guys are dweebs.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home