My Current Obsession: Apologize by One Republic
I have a new obsession. Jared called tonight as we were rearranging the computers in an attempt to get the computer cords out of Clara's reach. "Call me back when you're at your computer." A few hours later, with the computers in their new configuration, I dialed.
"Get on Google Talk. I'm sending you a link."
http://www.myspace.com/onerepublic
A MySpace page? I have a thing against MySpace. The vast majority of the pages on the site are so overcrowded that it's difficult to read the content. And they automatically start playing songs. Very annoying. But I went.
"Click play on the player. The song is called Apologize."
I must say, I really like the song. I've been listening to it on infinite repeat for the last two hours as I've blogged like a mad man. (See all the posts below.) It is rare that I find a song that can stand the infinite repeat test. This one definitely has. Check it out at the links below:
Click for an excellent-audio sans-video experience.
Click for a poor audio with-video experience.
Labels: obsession

4 Comments: (Post a Comment)
I've been at work for about an hour now and have been listening to Apologize. I've realized a little more why I love the song.
1) Strings. Kristin was the first to point this out to me. I love a song with strings. Disarm by Smashing Pumpkins is one that comes to mind.
2) Piano. As one who plays that grand instrument, I always appreciate a song with piano. This explains the love of Tori Amos, Coldplay, and Regina Specktor.
3) Minor key. Ahh, the sweet Aeolian mode.
I might have mentioned this before, but when I first hear a song I hear the music, then the lyrics. Kristin is the opposite. We'll be riding in the car listening to the radio and I'll say, "What a nice song. We should make that one of our songs." to which she'll reply, "Um, that was one of the most depressing songs I've ever heard."
I'll let you know what I think of the lyric once I stop obsessing over the music.
Ha! You're going to hate visiting my blog from now on! We just made it so that every time you go on it, it starts playing one of 5 songs at random. Sorry! :) I do like "Apologize" though, and it's because of the combination of strings and piano. That always does it for me, too. I'm not so sure about all the lyrics...("it's too late to apologize" isn't exactly Church doctrine. :D)
I love the strings and the piano but there is something else that real does it for me as well. I love the drum line. It is almost exclusively bass drum keeping the beat. It is very different from the usual high hats and cymbals. I love it.
This song is fabulous. I heard it a few weeks ago when a dance was choreographed to it on 'So You Think You Can Dance' (yes, I watch it) and I was so drawn in by the song. I couldn't get it out of my head. In a good way. :)
Post a Comment
<< Home