My Original Obsession
This is the first in a series of posts called "My Current Obsession." If you'll notice, the name of this post is not "My Current Obsession" but rather "My Original Obsession." Before I delve into the things about which I currently obsess I think it important that I provide a little background.
I'm not really one to obsess; no one has ever said I have an obsessive personality. (Kristin say what?) However, every once in a while I stumble across something that I so enjoy that I want to listen/watch/do that thing again and again. This first happened with the song Breathe by Télépopmusik.
It was the fall semester a few years back and one of my classes included a group project. My group named itself Team Limecat and the limecat was not pleased. During one working session, Nils broke out his iPod and started a random playlist. A song came on with which I immediately fell in love. The song was Breathe by Télépopmusik.
A few semesters later I took a computer animation class. Our first project was to create a 30-second animation of a mannequin dancing. I chose to have mine dance to Breathe. For the entire time I worked on the animation I was listening to a thirty second segment of the song over and over and over again. Kristin heard that portion so often that she cringes if she hears the song today. I still love to hear the song.
When I created my Top Ten List of favorite songs, Breathe was the first song I put on the list. One of my favorite activities is to surf, blog or playing a game with it on infinite repeat.
Since I know you're all dying to see my animation, I've included it below. Enjoy.
Labels: obsession

1 Comments: (Post a Comment)
I think there is a hidden <sarcasm> tag at the beginning of that second paragraph. Don't we call you "Mr. OCD"?
The first step is to admit your problem.
I, for one, am looking forward to hearing all about your "current" obsessions. I think the current ones are Clara and blogging about Clara. I am thankful for the blogs from the hospital. It was nice to know what was going on in "near real-time".
Post a Comment
<< Home